Thursday, September 15, 2011

Camouflage

Now,

Why does the camel herder walking around like a rooster, puffing his chest, want to wear a jacket with an Italian flag in the front and a "Italia" print in the back in white red and green?

I may be called paranoid, but after my own countrymen greeted me with "Allora Finndistanto" in public, and knowing that they have names like Roberto, Alexandro, etc; after I learned of camel herders learning spanish;

I have ample reason to think that the young duckling walking behind him is proudly bragging to her friends about the beautiful taste of Italian salami.

It's shish kebab, girl.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

2 comments:

  1. "It's shish kebab, girl."

    Hahaha, this line made me laugh.

    "I may be called paranoid, but after my own countrymen greeted me with "Allora Finndistanto" in public"

    I don't really understand what you mean by "Allora Finndistanto". Do you mean your countrymen called you as if you were a Spaniard/Italian?

    Btw, who do you consider to be your countrymen? Finns, Germans, or Turks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They used it as a greeting, shouted from 20 meters away. Must have been one of the words they learned watching TuttiFrutti.

    To your last question, there is no secret of my origins, but I'd like to point out

    Finn I do not consider myself. German Turk; Turk German, it is half half, depending on situation and mood. Both I am belong to, and both I am foreign to.

    One has to be aware though that both cultures are very mixed and heterogeneous.

    ReplyDelete