Friday, June 18, 2010

The Tiger Robe -2- Legendary Indifference


And my german arrived to the party. Having driven 200 kilometers in the passenger seat under strict speed limits is enough to smash even this guy.


Our chat is good, and for a second I leave this guy and turn to talk to the 200pound cutie on my right.


A blondie in the bar comes to him and starts talking, while she is talking to him


"You know, bla bla bla....", I reach for his beer, as I am too lazy to grab myself one from the far away frindge in the 26 squaremeter hole.


He looks at her nodding,


She continues, all the time intensely looking at him,


"and then, bla bla bla", and he notices he at some point had a beer.


"and since yada yada yada", she is still looking at him, he is looking to the ground on his left, no beer.


"and since yada yada yada", she is still looking at him, he is looking to the ground on his right, no beer, and does not see his beer in my hands


"but then yada yada yada", she is still looking at him, he is looking to the ground behind his chair, no beer.


"I did yada yada yada", she is still looking at him, he is looking to the ground under his chair, no beer.


"in school yada yada yada", she is still looking at him, he is looking to the other room behind him, no beer.


"then at work yada yada yada", she is still looking at him, he pushed her to the side to look behind her, no beer.


All this time, I am watching him look for his beer, not even once nodding to the girl, the girl intensely watching him, telling her life story, and me holding the guys beer.


I could not stand it anymore, my jaw about to cramp,


I tapped him on the shoulder, and said "dude, you're looking for this, I suppose"

"Hell yea" he says, happily smiling, looking into my eyes with the look of a kid who just got birthday presents,


She still was yabbering on some topic I cant remember.


That was unintentional on his side,


But that was textbook indifference.


Legendary indifference.






No comments:

Post a Comment