Wednesday, March 26, 2003

The French Kiss

It was the fall of 2000, I was new in Finland. That night, hanging out with some French friends, we went to Vanha Diiva. After dancing for some time, Kevin and I left the dancefloor to sit on the railing above the entrance stairs, beside the dancefloor, started chatting. Suddenly, a girl appeared in front of me, and asked me

“Could I talk with you”

Startled, (what do you say there?? Yes of course, no thanx, yep, keep shooting, I am listening, you want to listen to ME???),

“Of course, why not”

Learning that I speak German fluently, she was so happy, and kept telling things, bla this,

“I was in Germany last summer, it was sooo nice...Oh Finnish summer is soo nice, and I love the winter..The darkness is sooo sad..”

bla that, and I listened, listened, listened...

Suddenly she got aware enough to see I also have a friend beside me, so she turns,

“What is your name?”

“Kevin”

“Where are you from?”

“France”

There I saw sunshine in the girls eyes, one second passed, the girl turns to the dancefloor, her hand waving, and above all the loud music I heard her shout

“Anna, Minna, Sanna, come come, he is French!!”

That was not the first incident of this kind but definitely is the one that puts a mark.

What shall I think?

To be sad to spend that much time with a girl I was not interested in?That the French guy being French was just more valuable than me even though I was the one approached?What is there to think?

Just a smile :)

A smile, without the eyes smiling maybe..

Or, a smile coming from deep, ‘cause you know, you just know...

No comments:

Post a Comment