Saturday, September 17, 2011

Smelly Media: When will this idiocy stop? You can't punish the productive and then expect a blooming economy

Transport Ministry considers road toll introduction

Left and right we hear about the need for consumption and production to reactivate the economy. Reports are coming out scolding the Finns (and the foreigner techies) for not building companies. Of course, if you build a company and you employ people, and you pay them salary, the state will extract from you the exact same amount for the priviledge of paying someone to work for you. So, the income tax that I pay is effectively 135%, because I never get to see the other half of my salary. (I know the mathematical error here... )

So, what shall the state do to vibrate the economy and increase production?

The Ministry of Transport and Communications is to begin developing road tolls for motorists. The current model of car taxation is to be renewed, and road tolls could form a part of the new taxation policy.
BWAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!
Production is low, innoveation is low, people are trying to get by; solution: Pay them for driving!!!
Hey, I have an idea:
Since I changed offices, I now work 2km to my house and I walk to work everyday. Why not tax me per 100 meters because while my walking does not cause wear and tear on the pavement, it causes wear and tear on my shoes. I really think the state should demand tax for the privilege of me causing degradation in my own shoes. This, on top of the tax I payed for food (energy), the water I pay for, and the tax on the shoes that I payed for.
Transport Minister Merja Kyllönen has presented a model that would levy different charges depending on where and when a motorist is travelling, and whether public transport is a viable alternative. If it is, then private car usage could cost more.
What about making the rail cheaper? The bus cheaper?
I just saw a chart in a local paper.
For one person, travelling on the car is cheaper for every major route.
So, a person who invests thousands of euros into a car, who pays almost a thousand a year for tax and insurance is getting by a bit cheaper than the ones travelling public;
Solution:
“The starting point is that the system should be fair for everyone,” said Kyllönen. “So that those for whom it is necessary to use a car are not punished by the tax and charging policy.”
Yea. Should be's, would be's...

All feelings. And when the economy stalls a bit more, then it is the fault of the ducks swimming in the lake.

The development of a new road-charging system is still at an embryonic stage,
The one case where I would fully, 100%, totally support abortion.

but it will be based on previous reports on the matter. Payments could be collected using satellite technology to locate vehicles.
Ahh... So is it about the tax?
Or is it about the state treating its citizens as criminals, needing 24/7 surveillance on their sorry a$$es?


Funny thing is, the next day of the evening I read the story, I come to work, and see the CV like document of this minister on the coffee room table. (google translate cannot translate the page)
During coffee I asked why this printout was on the table, and a heated discussion (of agreement)  between the Finns followed, the words used would get me sued for libel and defamation (if you can do it with something the parliament has on its own webpages)
Ahh, democracy, universal suffrage, you are a beautiful scheme...

PM: Sluggish growth ahead
In an address to Parliament on state finances on Thursday, Prime Minister Jyrki Katainen said Finland is entering a period of slower growth. He said he expects the Finnish economy to grow by no more than two percent in the coming years.
Mo' tax, mo' tax, mo' tax...

He added that recent economic data signalled little growth in the manufacturing industry for the rest of 2011.
Mo' tax, mo' tax, mo' tax...
According to Katainen, Finland would have a hard time managing a new recession, as strong state and private sector finances were largely depleted during the 2008 global recession.
Mo' tax, mo' tax, mo' tax...

We all are going to momoland...




No comments:

Post a Comment